openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Krishnaprasad Subbarao <krishnapras...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Persistence units
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 13:55:05 GMT
Hello,

I am working on a large application which has around 50 entities and many
relational tables. We wish to use OpenJPA 2.1 as a Persistence provider.

I would like to know what criteria's should be considered while deciding
the number of persistence units to be defined in an application. Following
are my questions about persistence units

1) What are points to be considered to decide how many persistence units
should be created in an application?

2) Is it recommended to have one persistence unit per logical module
(Business module) in an application?

While exploring I found that multiple persistence units are created mostly
if different entities are packaged in different WAR/JAR/EAR files. Is this
the only criteria to have multiple units?

Regards,

Krishnaprasad (Kp)