openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Savepoint issue with OpenJPA
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 20:24:42 GMT
Hi,
  We have looked at the test case you have submitted with this issue. Few
comments
1. The test verifies that SQLs are issued in a particular order. As I had
mentioned before, OpenJPA does not guarantee that. What it ensures that
foreign key constraints are honored when inserting or updating database
records.

2. The test case will function (in terms of intended behavior, not in an
intended SQL execution order) if in persistence.xml, the following mapping
defaults are set
      <property name="openjpa.jdbc.MappingDefaults"
                    value="ForeignKeyDeleteAction=restrict,
JoinForeignKeyDeleteAction=none"/>

   This will add foreign key constraints that are commensurate with the
extra DDL script that you have supplied.

-----
Pinaki Poddar
Chair, Apache OpenJPA Project