openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: metamodel with maven compiler 3.0?
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:32:48 GMT
Hi Romain,
I agree that it should have been compatible.  When I look at the
documentation for the <compilerArguments> setting [1], it looks like <fork>
also needs to be set to "true".  But, I can't tell where this processing
changed between 2.x and 3.x of the plugin.  The OpenJPA build scripts don't
seem to use this particular construct, so I guess I can't really comment.

I would try setting <fork> to "true" and see if that works.  If not, this
seems to be a topic for the Maven community.  The OpenJPA documentation [2]
just indicates that the compiler option is required to generate the
metamodel classes.  It doesn't prescribe or require maven or ant or
whatever scripting mechanism.

Thanks,
Kevin

[1]  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/compile-mojo.html