openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Fabio Martelli <fabio.marte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException into JDBCStoreQuery
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 16:30:18 GMT

Il giorno 04/dic/2012, alle ore 17.05, Rick Curtis ha scritto:

> I'm not certain the null check is the correct change.... Why aren't we
> getting a LifeCycleEventManager on deserialization?

Hi Rick,
BrokerImpl initialize LifecycleEventManager into the initialize method.

From my PPOV, the piece of code that suggest what I wrote in my email is the following

if (!fromDeserialization) {
            _lifeEventManager = _conf.getLifecycleEventManagerInstance();
}

Now, fromDeserialization is a method's parameter so someone could provide a "true" value for
it.

In particular, the following chain seems to provide a "true" value for  fromDeserialization
parameter

	BrokerImpl.readObject —> AbstractBrokerFactory.initializeBroker —> BrokerImpl.initialize

Please tell me if I wrong or  I missed something.

Best regards,
F.

Now, since initialize can be called by BrokerFactory.initializeBroker