openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From pankajpriyadarshi <pankydud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Savepoint issue with OpenJPA
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2012 02:50:47 GMT
I am not sure if <property name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings"
value="buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)"/> is a viable option for me. I would
need to understand its implications before using it within my application

> the topological sort is not being done based on foreign key constraints as
> you would normally expect.
>  what is the basis of this statement? The savepoint feature is sparingly
> used, so I am not certain, but I would presume that whether OpenJPA
> reorders the SQL statements during flush/commit has nothing to do with
> whether savepoint feature has been used or not.

This is based on the commit failure we are getting with tables which have
foreign key constraints enforced in our application. In any case when
savepoint rollback is used, the broker copies transactional objects from one
map to another while trying to exclude the rolledback savepoint
transactional objects. This is not the normal behavior when not using
savepoints. I am not sure whether this is the issue ,but differences like
these might be making it work when not using savepoints.

I guess at this point, the only way to move forward with this is to identify
entities in OpenJPA source project that have foreign key constraints
defined. This might take a few days but I will modify the test case after
identifying them.

The reason I am so certain that this is a bug is based on the fact that it
is not working in a simple test case within our application.

As always thank you for your quick response. I will identify the entities
when I am back in office on Wednesday and respond with further updates.

Thank You,
Pankaj Priyadarshi