openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From exabrial <exabr...@gmail.com>
Subject JPA Profiler to Capture Queries
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 00:23:24 GMT
Hello Everyone!

I'm trying to create a JPA Profiler for web applications. The idea is to
capture all of the queries executed during a web  request lifecycle.

I was able to get this to work with EclipseLink fairly easily, they have a
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/api/2.2/org/eclipse/persistence/sessions/SessionProfiler.html
class that I could use a decorator pattern to monitor the queries executed
on the current thread.

I need a bit of help creating an adapter for OpenJPA. I need to be notified
somehow when a query is about to be executed and when the execution is
finished. I'm having a bit of trouble locating an API to do this inside
OpenJPA. Can someone point me in the right direction? Ideally, I'd like to
be able to specify something inside the JPA properties section that would
activate the query capture.

Thanks a ton guys, cheers!
-Jonathan