openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exporting website from CWIKI
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:51:28 GMT
I wanted to let everyone know that I changed the standard template
(templates/standard.html) to point at a new, clean .css
file(content/css/type-settings.css). Sorry Albert that I trampled your
styles / css change.

I also added a new css class "note" which will make a yellow 'warning' box.
@See http://openjpa.apache.org/apache-nexus-release-process-12x-21x.html, "Make
sure you use https:// protocol because the following release:prepare step
requires update to the svn repository."

Everyone should also look closely at the files that you're already
converted to make sure you weren't relying on a style that didn't get added
to the new style sheet. Let me know if you have any questions.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Rick Curtis <curtisr7@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> wiki pages. The translation tool sometimes gets messed up and might leave
> trailing </td> elements(perhaps others) around that will cause pages to
> render incorrectly. If you are beating your head and can't figure out what
> is going on, take a close look for extra incorrect HTML elements.
>
> Rick
>

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Tables are ugly in this markdown syntax.  The initial conversion to mdtext
>> did a partial job, but every table definition needs massaging.  For an
>> example, look at the documentation.mdtext page that I just committed.  I
>> did this one by hand (and some find/replace macros).  But, we need some
>> type of sed macro or something to do this to all of the pages with tables.
>> Here are some examples:

>> needs to be...
>>
>> [manual](
>>
>> http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/apache-openjpa-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/docs/manual/main.html
>> )
>> needs to be...
>>
>> http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/apache-openjpa-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/docs/manual/main.html
>> ">manual</a>
>>
>> [manual</td><td>
>>
>> http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/apache-openjpa-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/docs/manual/manual.pdf
>> ]
>> needs to be...
>>
>> http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/apache-openjpa-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/docs/manual/manual.pdf
>> ">manual</a>
>>
>> The basic issue is that the simple table support in markdown is way too
>> simple.  It doesn't provide borders for one thing.  And, lining up columns
>> is a pain.  So, the recommendation is to use html <table>.  Hopefully,
>> somebody is more verse with editing tools or scripts or templates or
>> something to make this job less painful...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kevin
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Okay, now that I am hearing a couple more success stories, it's time to
>> > divvy up the work.  Since some of the pages take more time than others,
>> > don't want people to be wasting time on a page that is already "checked
>> > out".  So, I created a simple text file:
>> >
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/site/trunk/WhoIsWorkingOnWhat.txt
>> >
>> > User           Pages
>> > kwsutter       documentation.mdtext, documentation-top-link.mdtext
>> > rgcurtis
>> > leealber
>> > helenxu
>> > etc, etc
>> >

>> > Done pages
>> > quick-start.mdtext
>> >

>> > Synchronize this with your workspace and edit it when you pick a new
>> file
>> > to update.  When it's done to your liking, check it back in and then
>> move
>> > the name of the file to the "done" section.  About as simple as you can

 I'll try a
I really
>> need

>> build