openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exporting website from CWIKI
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:33:04 GMT
Okay, now that I am hearing a couple more success stories, it's time to
divvy up the work.  Since some of the pages take more time than others, I
don't want people to be wasting time on a page that is already "checked
out".  So, I created a simple text file:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/site/trunk/WhoIsWorkingOnWhat.txt

User           Pages
kwsutter       documentation.mdtext, documentation-top-link.mdtext
rgcurtis
leealber
helenxu
etc, etc

Done pages
quick-start.mdtext

Synchronize this with your workspace and edit it when you pick a new file
to update.  When it's done to your liking, check it back in and then move
the name of the file to the "done" section.  About as simple as you can
get.  Hope it helps...

Thanks for your help!
Kevin

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> easy_install ElementTree
> easy_install Markdown
>
> I installed the Perl packages.  I used the force option (-f) since some of
> them failed the first time:
>
> cpan XML::Atom::Feed
> cpan XML::RSS::Parser::Lite
> cpan XML::Parser::Lite
> cpan YAML
> cpan SVN::Client
>
> I installed the SVN client:
> apt-get update            // updates the list of packages available (may
> not be necessary in your env)
> apt-get install subversion
>
> I then following the cms local build instructions:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#local-build
>
> Mike's scripts should also work, but I was having so many issues, I
> decided to go the old fashioned way...
>
> The final build is then done via this command:
> perl build_site.pl --source-base /content/root/folder --target-base
> /desired/output/folder
>
> Where you have to fill in your site root folder and target folders.  The
> build went rather fast.  I then brought up Firefox and looked at the site:
> file:///home/user/openjpa/site/trunk/target/content/quick-start.html
>
> Some pages are in better shape than others...  I am going to pick a page
> and try to clean it up.  Once we get another person or two up-to-speed,
> then we can try to divvy up the remaining work.  Good luck!
>
> Kevin
>

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Albert Lee <allee8285@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>>
>> Thanks for all the help. Will give it another try.
>>
>> Albert.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:41 PM, Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > Sorry I can't reply much during the work day I'll try answer everything.

>> scripts
>> might
>> > >

>> > Believe it or don't, I tried Windows first too. And gave up.

>> > need
>> > >

>> > Preferred payment plan is 25 year old Highland Park (will also accept
>> Old
>> > Pulteney)
>> >
>> > <snip>

>> one
>> couple
>> it.
>> > >

>> > I think I had a similar problem, but it just worked for me. The build
>> > scripts don't commit anything so I think it's not needed.
>> >
>> > <snip>

>> > However

>> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=153041
>> > >

>> > You might have better luck if you use apt (debian based distros) or yum
>> > (RedHat based) to directly install the python module for markdown. I'm
>> > guessing you're on RHEL, so I can't help much, other than I think it's
>> > sudo yum --search markdown (then install the one with python)
>> >
>> > That said:
>> >
>> >  >>

>> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.4.egg/setuptools/sandbox.py",
as f: