openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exporting website from CWIKI
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 17:41:05 GMT
Mike,
Thanks for the up-front work to kickstart this activity...

I guess I need a little more info on the process for what's left...

It sounds like you have done lots of work to prep our site contents (set up
svn, exporting pages, generating initial markdown, etc).  You mention that
the markdown still needs some (lots?) of work to make the pages usable and
presentable.  I've checked out the openjpa/site/trunk stream and I can see
all of the files that you have committed thus far.

I'm guessing that the next step in the process is in those instructions
that you told us to do in your readme?  twice...  :-)  I'll get to that
shortly.

How do we know when a page is "done"?  We're not publishing yet, right?
So, how do we keep lots of volunteers all attempting to update a single
page?  How about if we use the "lock" operation on a file that is being
updated?  I know this is a soft lock, but at least it's an indication that
it's in use.  Any better ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin