openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: working with slices
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:46:39 GMT
Hello Fabio,
   Look for the following findTargets() method in DistributedStoreQuery.java
   > List<SliceStoreManager> targets = findTargets();

  The query uses this method to narrow the slices to a subset.

  The same technique on delete() and update() should work. If the
delete()/update() not calling them, they should.

  From a usage point of view, the same mechanics of

   String hint = "openjpa.hint.slice.Target";
   Query query = em.createQuery("SELECT p FROM PObject")
                                    .setHint(hint, new String[]{"One",
"Two"});

On a broader note:
  > I'm going to add Microsoft Windows Azure SQL Database support into
OpenJPA.
  > Since for my purpose I decided to start from slice I have to customize
some slice behavior.

  Liked the idea of using OpenJPA/Slice in Azure cloud environment. Though
Slice was developed in a pre-cloud era -- its primary motivation was to
address data distribution. But I believe Slice can be easily used in a
multi-tenancy scenarios in a cloud environment. As you work through Slice
and Azure, please keep posting your findings (and patches).
   Good luck with your project :)

-----
Pinaki Poddar
Chair, Apache OpenJPA Project