openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Overriding SchemaTool
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:16:49 GMT
Hi all,
as already said on this mailing list, I am working on an OpenJPA product
derivation for dealing with Windows Azure Database sharding [1].

For our needs, I have to subclass some OpenJPA core classes and that's
generally fine because most aspects were already thought with
extensibility in mind.

Unfortunately, it seems that SchemaTool [2] doesn't fall into this
category: most methods are private or package-private, thus making life
of a poor extender very hard [3].

Is there any specific reason for this? Any hope to turn most of
'private' from SchemaTool into 'protected'?

Regards.

[1] https://github.com/Tirasa/OpenJPA-Azure
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/trunk/openjpa-jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/schema/SchemaTool.java