openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From pankajpriyadarshi <pankydud...@gmail.com>
Subject Savepoint issue with OpenJPA
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 02:19:38 GMT
Hello, I am using the Savepoint feature of OpenJPA (setSavepoint and
rollbackToSavepoint). When I do a rollbackToSavepoint the order of the
TransactionalObjects becomes random. E.g. If the rollbackToSavepoint call is
not made, the insertions are made in the order of the operation: 1) Insert
Record 1 into ParentTable 2) Insert Record 1.1 into ChildTable 3) Insert
Record 1.2 into ChildTable 4) Insert Record 1.3 into ChildTable 5) Insert
Record 2 into ParentTable 6) Insert Record 2.1 into ChildTable 7) Insert
Record 2.2 into ChildTable 8) Insert Record 2.3 into ChildTable If the
rollbackToSavepoint call is made, the insertions order becomes random and I
am getting foreign key constraint violations. I have tried to set
openjpa.jdbc.UpdateManager to operation order but it has no affect. Is there
any way I can preserve the original order of the operation. Why would
OpenJPA try to reorder the transactional objects when doing a
rollbackToSavepoint . Has someone faced this issue before. OpenJPA version
info:revision.number=422266:1141200 openjpa.version=2.1.1-SNAPSHOT
openjpa.enhancer.revision=1055128 Thank You, Pankaj Priyadarshi