openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Fabio Martelli <>
Subject Re: Configuration extension
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 07:47:35 GMT

Il giorno 29/ago/2012, alle ore 09.39, Fabio Martelli ha scritto:

> Il giorno 28/ago/2012, alle ore 16.51, Kevin Sutter ha scritto:
>> Hi Fabio,
>> It all depends on how extensible of a solution you are looking for.  Are
>> you looking to just extend a current OpenJPA implementation and then
>> migrating those necessary changes from release to release (as your needs
>> required)?  Or, are you looking to provide a pluggable configuration which
>> would make it easier to grow with the OpenJPA releases (but requires a bit
>> more work up-front)?  That's part of the analysis of the requirements that
>> you'll have to do.
> Hi Kevin,
> you are right, I have to "contextualize" my requirement.
> I have to extend OpenJPA in order to add support for SQLAzure [1].
> Please, take a look at [2] and [3].
> As you can imagine, I need to specify some configuration parameters in order to achieve
my goal.
> This is the purpose of my request (OpenJPA configuration extension).
> Of course, the best would be to put our developments embedded into OpenJPA (more or less
like done for slices - taken as reference for my development) and I hope it will happen sooner
or later. Unfortunately, I need something working fine in a very short time so I had to search
for a different (but clean) solution.
> The idea is to develop a library of OpenJPA pluggable components and, after a short consolidation
period, to submit a patch.
> What do you think about? Am I on the right path?

Hi Kevin,
this is may simple solution to extend OpenJPA configuration.

Thank you for you support.
Best regards,