openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration extension
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:44:21 GMT
Hi Fabio,
Unfortunately, OpenJPA doesn't have great documentation for extending the
configuration.  Although, in practice, it is quite easy to do.  What I
would suggest doing is "implement by example" and look at how other
configuration properties were incorporated.  For example, let's just take
openjpa.datacache as an example.  All of the configuration properties use a
"plugin configuration" [1].  Then, if you look at the
OpenJPAConfigurationImpl class, you'll see how this openjpa.datacache is
parsed and configured.  From there, these configuration values are used
through out the code (grep for "dataCachePlugin" as an example).

Hope this helps get you started.

Kevin

[1]
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/docbook/manual.html#ref_guide_conf_plugins