openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration extension
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:51:26 GMT
Hi Fabio,
It all depends on how extensible of a solution you are looking for.  Are
you looking to just extend a current OpenJPA implementation and then
migrating those necessary changes from release to release (as your needs
required)?  Or, are you looking to provide a pluggable configuration which
would make it easier to grow with the OpenJPA releases (but requires a bit
more work up-front)?  That's part of the analysis of the requirements that
you'll have to do.

As you have probably noticed, OpenJPA itself has already extended the
OpenJPAConfigurationImpl with both the JDBCConfigurationImpl and the
XMLConfigurationImpl.  (As an aside, WebSphere has also extended this
implementation for their own extensions.)  So, the capability is there.
It's just a matter of how much effort you want to put into it.

Good luck,
Kevin