openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kevin Sutter (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (OPENJPA-2240) JVMVRFY012 when using openjpa together with hyperjaxb3
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:58:34 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2240?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13423912#comment-13423912
] 

Kevin Sutter commented on OPENJPA-2240:
---------------------------------------

Hi Piotr,
Still no luck with reproducing the problem.  I created a separate Utility class and created
this static unmarshall() method.  Still works just fine.

And, it wasn't good to hear that your problem still exists with the Java 7 build environment.
 That means that the ASM solution we put in place for Java 7 doesn't help in your situation
either.  You did re-build and re-enhance with Java 7, correct?  That's where the ASM "magic"
occurs is with the enhancement processing.

Can you provide the actual Entity classes (before and after enhancement)?  If you can also
provide the utility classes that would allow us to load the classes to reproduce the problem,
that would be great.  Thanks!

Kevin
                
> JVMVRFY012 when using openjpa together with hyperjaxb3
> ------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: OPENJPA-2240
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2240
>             Project: OpenJPA
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Enhance
>    Affects Versions: 2.2.0
>         Environment: IBM-JDK, SUN-JDK
>            Reporter: Piotr Klimczak
>            Priority: Critical
>              Labels: enhancement, hyperjaxb3, jpa, stubs, xsd
>
> We are facing a problem with class enhancing generated by hyperjaxb3.
> "Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: JVMVRFY012 stack shape inconsistent; class=foo/Bar,
metoda=pcgetDataTimeItem()Ljava/util/Date;, pc=7"
> The problem occurs on every usage of non JPA compatible type like XMLGregorianCalendar.
> For those types, the hyperjaxb3 plugin creates a kind of "proxy" setter/getter that uses
JPA capable type.
> Example of such proxy getter/setter:
> <code>
>         @Basic
>         @Column(name = "DATATIMEITEM")
>         @Temporal(TemporalType.TIMESTAMP)
>         public Date getDataTimeItem() {
>             return XmlAdapterUtils.unmarshall(XMLGregorianCalendarAsDateTime.class, this.getDataTime());
>         }
> </code>
> then the XmlAdapterUtils.unmarshall looks like:
> <code>
> 	public static <ValueType, BoundType> BoundType unmarshall(
> 			Class<? extends XmlAdapter<ValueType, BoundType>> xmlAdapterClass,
> 			ValueType v) {
> 		try {
> 			final XmlAdapter<ValueType, BoundType> xmlAdapter = getXmlAdapter(xmlAdapterClass);
> 			return xmlAdapter.unmarshal(v);
> 		} catch (Exception ex) {
> 			throw new RuntimeException(ex);
> 		}
> 	}
> </code>
> I have found that the problem occurs only because of the type of XmlAdapterUtils.unmarshall
method. The problem is that it's 1st type is a "Class". Changing the 1st type from Class type
to any other like Object solves the problem but it is not a solution.
> I think the problem is somewhere in serp project as after the enhancment process of classes
containing non JPA capable XSD types, each call of that class generates the JVMVRFY012 exception-
even during junit tests.
> Please note, that this bug is a blocker for my project.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message