Hi Craig,

I am interested into the migration project , and i have some time buffer these days after my full time job @ IBM , i can volunteer by time and effort to make it done , please find out my CV also as a reference ,

thanks a lot

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Craig L Russell <craig.russell@oracle.com> wrote:
This project was proposed a year ago and no progress yet, as far as I can tell.

Any volunteers to migrate our Confluence web site to CMS? If it's not done, the site will go dark at some point.

Craig

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>
Date: June 24, 2012 5:52:55 PM PDT
To: "members@apache.org" <members@apache.org>
Subject: CMS migrations and how you can help

So despite repeated periodic requests to pmcs@ to bring project
sites along to meet infrastructure requirements for 2013 and beyond,
we still have yet to see the numbers where we'd like them to be
at this point in the game.  Come December or so we will be focusing
our attention on providing full support for projects wishing to
switch from subversion to git, and having a large backlog of projects
showing up then looking for help migrating their sites off say Confluence
to a supported service will be no fun for everyone involved.  Please
be considerate of our plans and migrate sooner rather than later.
Yes it may involve work, and some of it may be time-consuming.

AFAICT we've met every demand for the necessary services with the CMS,
capping it off with full maven support and now proper RTC support for
anonymous users.  There is simply no longer any reason to delay this,
even Confluence hardship cases can be dealt with using technology provided
for CXF by Dan Kulp.

For those of you on projects that have migrated to either the CMS or svnpubsub
already, you have our thanks.  For those of you that haven't, please take a
good look at the CMS documentation at http://www.apache.org/dev/cms and
http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref and start talking to your projects about
making the switch.  You won't be sorry, trust me.

Thanks for helping infra meet our goals for 2013 and beyond!

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com