openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Fwd: CMS migrations and how you can help
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:09:16 GMT
This project was proposed a year ago and no progress yet, as far as I
can tell.

Any volunteers to migrate our Confluence web site to CMS? If it's not
done, the site will go dark at some point.

Craig

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>
> Date: June 24, 2012 5:52:55 PM PDT
> To: "members@apache.org" <members@apache.org>
> Subject: CMS migrations and how you can help
>
> So despite repeated periodic requests to pmcs@ to bring project
> sites along to meet infrastructure requirements for 2013 and beyond,
> we still have yet to see the numbers where we'd like them to be
> at this point in the game.  Come December or so we will be focusing
> our attention on providing full support for projects wishing to
> switch from subversion to git, and having a large backlog of projects
> showing up then looking for help migrating their sites off say
> Confluence
> to a supported service will be no fun for everyone involved.  Please
> be considerate of our plans and migrate sooner rather than later.
> Yes it may involve work, and some of it may be time-consuming.
>

> AFAICT we've met every demand for the necessary services with the CMS,
> capping it off with full maven support and now proper RTC support for
> anonymous users.  There is simply no longer any reason to delay this,
> even Confluence hardship cases can be dealt with using technology
> provided
> for CXF by Dan Kulp.
>
> For those of you on projects that have migrated to either the CMS or
> svnpubsub
> already, you have our thanks.  For those of you that haven't, please
> take a
> good look at the CMS documentation at http://www.apache.org/dev/cms
> and
> http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref and start talking to your projects
> about
> making the switch.  You won't be sorry, trust me.
>
> Thanks for helping infra meet our goals for 2013 and beyond!

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com