openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Some thoughts about Serializable EntityManagers
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:33:06 GMT
Hi folks!

As some of you know I'm working on quite a few big projects where I use JPA for persistence.

But whenever I talk at some conferences I get asked why I recommend to NOT put the EntityManager
in a Conversation or similar construct.
It always takes me quite some time to explain to people that the things they did for years
with their Seam and Spring apps does just not work in clusters and to explain them why they
sometimes magically loose data and get inconsistencies in their database.

I tried to write up some ideas which went around in my head since almost a year. Finally they
escaped to paper :)

http://struberg.wordpress.com/2012/04/25/is-there-a-way-to-fix-the-jpa-entitymanager/

Wdyt?
Is it completely bollocks and nuts, or contrary is this even something we should push on the
JPA EG?
Are there some technical blockers for doing so?

Glad about any feedback!

txs and LieGrue,
strub