openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Prabhat Sharma2 <prabhatsha...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Critical issue (Blocker): missing fields in update statement
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 01:09:23 GMT

Environment:

OS: Windows XP
IDE:  IBM Rational® Software Architect for WebSphere Software (Version:
8.0.3)
WAS: 6.1
OpenJPA:  1.2.2

Thanks & Regards,
Prabhat Sharma
Onsite Technical Lead- RD Customer
3039 Cornwallis Road, Building 061, RTP,NC, 27709.
Work: 9195330161,
Email: prabhatsharma@in.ibm.com

From:	Prabhat Sharma2/India/IBM
To:	dev@openjpa.apache.org, dev-help@openjpa.apache.org
Cc:	Umamaheswari Subramanian/India/IBM, Vasudevan
            Mogan/India/IBM@IBMIN, Ashish Nema1/India/IBM@IBMIN, Peri
            Sujata/India/IBM@IBMIN, Hariom Soni1/India/IBM@IBMIN
Date:	03/05/2012 08:07 PM
Subject:	Critical issue (Blocker): missing fields in update statement

Hello Team,

We have some problem while updating an entity via entityManager's update
method (generated by RSA8.0.3).

Environment:
OS: Windows XP
IDE:  IBM Rational® Software Architect for WebSphere Software (Version:
8.0.3)
WAS: 6.1

This entity has around 66 fields and  42  ManyToOne  & 4 OneToMany.
relationships. While update, it is calling update for all relational
entities.

For one of the oneToMany relationship table KNA1  (attaching the entity),
the update is not appending all fields of the entity and last field field
value is appearing like  " (null) null]". This entity has around 141
fields.
Attaching the main entity (Knvv) which I am updating.

[attachment "Knvv.java" deleted by Prabhat Sharma2/India/IBM]
[attachment "KnvvPK.java" deleted by Prabhat Sharma2/India/IBM]

Here is the entity which has OneToMany relationship.

[attachment "Kna1.java" deleted by Prabhat Sharma2/India/IBM]
[attachment "Kna1PK.java" deleted by Prabhat Sharma2/India/IBM]

Attaching the error log.

[attachment "ErrorLog.txt" deleted by Prabhat Sharma2/India/IBM]

Attaching persistence.xml also.

[attachment "persistence.xml" deleted by Prabhat Sharma2/India/IBM]

Please help me resolving the issue.

I am updating an entity by using the below entityManager:

@Action(Action.ACTION_TYPE.UPDATE)
	public String updateKnvv(Knvv knvv) throws Exception {
		EntityManager em = getEntityManager();
		try {
			em.getTransaction().begin();
			knvv = em.merge(knvv);