openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Prabhat Sharma2 <prabhatsha...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Critical issue (Blocker): missing fields in update statement
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 01:07:49 GMT

Hello Team,

We have some problem while updating an entity via entityManager's update
method (generated by RSA8.0.3).

Environment:
OS: Windows XP
IDE:  IBM Rational® Software Architect for WebSphere Software (Version:
8.0.3)
WAS: 6.1

This entity has around 66 fields and  42  ManyToOne  & 4 OneToMany.
relationships. While update, it is calling update for all relational
entities.

For one of the oneToMany relationship table KNA1  (attaching the entity),
the update is not appending all fields of the entity and last field field
value is appearing like  " (null) null]". This entity has around 141
fields.
Attaching the main entity (Knvv) which I am updating.

(See attached file: Knvv.java)
(See attached file: KnvvPK.java)

Here is the entity which has OneToMany relationship.

(See attached file: Kna1.java)
(See attached file: Kna1PK.java)

Attaching the error log.

(See attached file: ErrorLog.txt)

Attaching persistence.xml also.

(See attached file: persistence.xml)

Please help me resolving the issue.

I am updating an entity by using the below entityManager:

@Action(Action.ACTION_TYPE.UPDATE)
	public String updateKnvv(Knvv knvv) throws Exception {
		EntityManager em = getEntityManager();
		try {
			em.getTransaction().begin();
			knvv = em.merge(knvv);
			em.getTransaction().commit();
		} catch (Exception ex) {
			try {
				if (em.getTransaction().isActive()) {
					em.getTransaction().rollback();
				}
			} catch (Exception e) {
				ex.printStackTrace();
				throw e;
			}
			throw ex;
		} finally {
			em.close();
		}
		return "";
	}

Thanks & Regards,
Prabhat Sharma
Onsite Technical Lead- RD Customer
3039 Cornwallis Road, Building 061, RTP,NC, 27709.
Work: 9195330161,
Email: prabhatsharma@in.ibm.com