openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Cameron <Steve.Came...@aad.gov.au>
Subject reverse mapping an SQL server database[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 10:36:17 GMT
Hi

I am just starting out to try openJPA and have a problem trying to reverse map an existing
SQL Server database.

The DB is one I just migrated from Access to SS if that makes any difference.

The batch script I am using  is as follows:

the batch file I am usings is as follows:

java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties ^
-cp openjpa-all-2.2.0.jar;"C:/Program Files/Java/sqljdbc_3.0/enu/sqljdbc4.jar" ^
 org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.ReverseMappingTool  ^
-pkg au.gov.aad.fresh  ^
-ConnectionDriverName com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver ^
-ConnectionURL jdbc:sqlserver://localhost\SQLEXPRESS;databaseName=Fishlog; ^
-ConnectionUserName sa ^
-ConnectionPassword password  ^
-openjpa.Log "File=c:/temp/openjpa.log, DefaultLevel=TRACE, Runtime=TRACE, Tool=TRACE, Schema=TRACE"

The result of this is that the ReverseMappingTool connects to the database, gives the following
messages and  then just goes to sleep (apparently - I've waited for 20 minutes for something
to happen!).

967  INFO   [main] openjpa.Tool - The reverse mapping tool will run on the database.  The
tool is gathering schema information; this process may take some time.
  Enable the org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.Schema logging category to see messages about schema
data.
3822  INFO   [main] openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary class "org.apache.openj
pa.jdbc.sql.SQLServerDictionary".

Is there any way to diagnose what is going wrong, no logfile is being created.

Stephen Cameron
Antarctic Fisheries Computing and Database Support Provider
Australian Antarctic Division
Kingston, Tasmania

[cid:image001.jpg@01CCFD71.AA95FD70]
Phone: 03 62323571

    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.antarctica.gov.au/