openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apache parent pom 10
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:52:04 GMT
Hi Mark,
Enjoy your vacation!

I think you'll find that the OpenJPA community is kind of conservative.  We
normally don't move to new things  like this parent pom unless it's
providing some function that is required.  Even if it provides support for
maven-3, are there aspects of maven-3 that are on our wish list?  I don't
mind upgrading to newer dependencies when it provides some bang for the
buck.  But, moving to the latest just because it's the latest doesn't get
me too excited.  Know what I mean?

(That was my personal opinion, not necessarily the openjpa team's opinion.)

Thanks,
Kevin