openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject H2 poor performance?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:02:27 GMT
Hi all,
I am currently facing some strange behavior with in-memory H2.

In my project - Syncope Open Source IdM [1] - we recently moved from
Hibernate to OpenJPA: everything is now working and I can safely say
that the porting is functionally complete.

Our source code does some integration tests with Tomcat 7 and an
in-memory H2 instance: unfortunately H2 performs really bad in such
circumstances. Only consider that all tests take 128 secs to run, while
same tests take only 96 secs with PostgreSQL and 77 with MySQL.

When running the same test suite against last Hibernate-based build, it
turns out instead that H2 is faster than MySQL and PostgreSQL (as I
would expect given the small test dataset).

Is there anything special I should take care of when using in-memory H2?

TIA.
Regards.

[1] http://www.syncope-idm.org

--