openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: JPA 2.1?
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:19:02 GMT
Hi!

I would need to read the proposed JPA-2.1 wording in detail, but as far as I've understood
it (we moved this from the CDI-EG over to the JPA-EG), JPA still maintains the entity listeners,
but will resolve any injection points after creating the bean. The difference is subtle but
very important. e.g. you cannot use interceptors in non-CDI managed beans. I can help with
the integration efforts in both cases.

LieGrue,
strub