openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] release openjpa-2.2.0?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 12:01:49 GMT
To not let this slip.

What are the release plans in general? Do you like to start with the work on the new JPA spec
soon (guess this might take another year to get finished). I'd rather keep the trunk as main
development stage and would like to work towards a 2.2.1 afterwards on trunk.

The reason why I ask this is for the branch we like to create. It's a difference if we just
create a '2.2.0-mt' branch (mt for maintenance) only for getting 2.2.0 out of the door, and
continue our main development effort on trunk. Or if we create a '2.2.x' branch and do the
most work there (and need to merge all work over to trunk).

I'm +1 for 2.2.0-mt

If noone objects then I like to start this new branch middle of next week.
What work needs to be done until then? My gut feeling says:

* review open JIRAs
  * verify and resolve the ones already fixed
  * update the fix-version to 2.2.1 for the others
* run the TCK
* verify/update the documentation of new features.

This reminds me that our pdf doesn't contain good information for the new openjpa-maven-plugin.
I was also not able to find where we deploy the plugin documentation to. This is imo something
we should review/fix before we branch.

feel free to add missing tasks.

LieGrue,
strub