openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: L1 and L2cache.
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:36:45 GMT
Hi Ravi,
There are a couple of properties that sort of relate to what you are
requesting.  These are the IgnoreChanges and FlushBeforeQueries properties
as documented here:
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/apache-openjpa-1.2.3-SNAPSHOT/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_dbsetup_retain

Although these properties pertain to your current transactional state (vs
other transactional state), they still may do the trick with forcing the
queries against the database instead of performing an in-memory query.
Specifically, you might want to try setting IgnoreChanges to true (default
is false).

Other than that, I think you have to resort to the programmatic approach of
clearing or refreshing the state of the entities.

Good luck,
Kevin