openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Ravi P Palacherla <ravi.palache...@oracle.com>
Subject L1 and L2cache.
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 01:00:14 GMT
Hi,

I have a question about L1 cache refresh.

Lets say I have two Entity Managers in my application.

I have a simple JPAEntity entity that has id and name values.

Sequence of steps in the app:
--------------------------------
EntityManager EM1 does a query for JPAEntity with id=1.
EntityManager EM2 does a query for same JPAEntity with id=1.
EM1 updates name from "old" to "new"
Now when EM2 does the query again with id=1, it is showing the value of name
as "old" but not "new"

I disabled DataCache and QueryCache which means that EM2's query goes to
database but it still is showing old values. Reason I think is because EM2's
cache (L1cache) is not updated with "new" value.

Is my understanding correct ?
If yes, then is there a way I can refresh EM2's cache other than using
evict() or refresh() call ?

Regards,
Ravi.