openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] JDO usage end-of-life?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 02:21:20 GMT
There is at least some interest from a subset of our users. Matthew Adams
and issue: OPENJPA-1744
<>to add support for
JDO last July. I closed the issue, but Matthew responded
and the issue was reopened.

There hasn't been a lot of activity on the JIRA since then. There are some
users watching it, but no one has voted for it. If there's an outpouring of
support from the users list, and a committer (or aspiriing committer) is
interested in championing the effort, I'd be all for adding a JDO persona.
Absent a champion who is ready to dive into the code, I think that we should
clean up the references to jdo.

Even if OpenJPA removes the references to JDO, I'm sure a separate module
could be written that sits on top of our binaries. I suspect that's what BEA
/ Oracle did.