openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] JDO usage end-of-life?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:55:09 GMT
Hi Pinaki,
I can see validity in all of your stated reasons.  But, the OpenJPA project
is for providing a JPA implementation, not a JDO implementation.  If
somebody wants to spin off and support their own "OpenJDO" implementation
that is based on OpenJPA or its kernel, then all the more power to them.  I
am just questioning why we should continue to work around or with JDO
idiosyncrasies with our JPA implementation.

Thanks,
Kevin