openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Classloading needs to be refurbished?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 23:11:26 GMT
Yes, imo we need to support such use cases.

Take as an example geronimo where OpenJPA is pretty much at the very bottom of the ClassLoader
hierarchy and shared by multiple EARs and WARs.

Then think about some multi-tenant setup where different WARs (1 per tenant) use the same
core-backend.jar (maybe even different versions) which contains JPA entities for some basic
stuff (Customer, User, ..)

I guess this would require exactly this scenario.

LieGrue,
strub