openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Taylor, Gregory J" <gregory.tay...@highmark.com>
Subject OpenJPA error
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 15:23:49 GMT
I am getting the following error while using openJPA in MyEclipse 8.6.1 and WAS 7.0.

Error 500: javax.ejb.EJBException: See nested exception; nested exception is: <openjpa-1.2.3-SNAPSHOT-r422266:1035770
nonfatal user error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: Attempt to cast
instance "com.highmark.abcxyz.entities.Department@43624362" to PersistenceCapable failed.
Ensure that it has been enhanced. FailedObject: com.highmark.abcxyz.entities.Department@43624362<mailto:com.highmark.abcxyz.entities.Department@43624362>

I have defined the classes as Entity classes and also included in persistence.xml. I had this
code running before, without doing any enhancing or adding javaagent. Everything I have read
points to the enhancing.

Greg Taylor
Foundational Services
gregory.taylor@highmark.com

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior
permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views
of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.