openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openJPA dependcies with latest openJPA-2.1.x and javax.persistance.PersistanceProvider / javaee-apo
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:31:38 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

The binary downloads of OpenJPA includes the Java EE jars we use with
OpenJPA (look in the lib directory). The spec implementations we use come
from Geronimo, but any Java EE 6.0 compliant version of the API should work
for you.

You can also find these jars in the maven central repository at :
http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|a%3A%22geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec%22<http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3A%22geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec%22>

I did check the geronimo-jpa jar and it does contain a few geronimo specific
classes, I believe these are used with OSGi and should not cause any
problems for you.

I'm sorry I don't have sufficient experience with Tomcat to give advice on
where the jars should go. Hopefully someone else on the list can help with
that.

-mike

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Craig L Russell
<craig.russell@oracle.com>wrote:

> Cross posting from users...
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Craig
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>  From: "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wagner@gmail.com>
>> Date: August 18, 2011 12:24:04 AM PDT
>> To: users@openjpa.apache.org
>> Subject: openJPA dependcies with latest openJPA-2.1.x and
>> javax.persistance.**PersistanceProvider / javaee-apo
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> we are migrating a larger Open Source project (OpenMeetings) from
>> Hibernate
>> to openJPA for Apache incubation and face some issues with openJPA's
>> dependencies to javax.persistance.**PersistanceProvider:
>>

>> We already have the javaee-api-5.1.1.jar (
>> http://openmeetings.**googlecode.com/svn/trunk/**
>> singlewebapp/server/red5/lib/**javaee-api-5.1.1.jar<http://openmeetings.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/singlewebapp/server/red5/lib/javaee-api-5.1.1.jar>
>> )
>> in the servers lib that has an incompatible version of the interface
>> javax.persistance.**PersistanceProvide.
>> The application server is a modified Tomcat server integrated with Spring.
>>
>> Now the questions is:
>> When we use the openjpa-2.1.x-all.jar and remove the javax.persistance.*
>> classes from javaee-api-5.1.1.jar we HAVE to move openjpa-2.1.x-all.jar to
>> the servers/lib (instead of webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/**lib) because
>> the
>> application server itself needs the javax.perstistance.* classes available
>> too.
>>
>> Separating the javax.perstistance.* from the openjpa-2.1.x-all.jar and
>> just
>> moving that to the server-lib doesn't work too as those
>> javax.perstistance.*
>> from the openjpa-2.1.x-all.jar seem to have some depencies to
>> *apache.geronimo.xyz*.
>>
>> So my questions are:
>> Where can we get a javax.persistance.* library that is compatible with
>> openJPA-2.1.x ? The one from the maven directory:
>> http://download.java.net/**maven/2/javax/javaee-api/6.0/<http://download.java.net/maven/2/javax/javaee-api/6.0/>does
NOT work. It