openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Julien <pjul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of AbstractLRSProxyCollection
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:15:50 GMT
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Rick Curtis <curtisr7@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1. If the fetch size property is set to -1, should LRS collections be used
> in the first place?
> No. Per the manual -- "The fetch size defaults to -1, meaning all results
> will be instantiated immediately on query execution. A value of 0 means to
> use the JDBC driver's default batch size. Thus to enable large result set
> handling, you must set this property to 0 or to a positive number. "

Thanks, that confirms the behavior of my current change set.

>> 3. How do you properly create an AbstractLRSProxyCollection.  The state
> manager will only return an instance of
> org.apache.openjpa.util.ProxyCollection.  How do you create an instance of
> AbstractLRSProxyCollection that is properly attached to its state manager,
> e.g., in the case of a child collection annotated with @OneToMany?
> Unfortunately I don't have a very good answer for you. I can say that since
> the only concrete implementation of AbstractLRSProxyCollection is
> LRSProxyCollection, which is in openjpa-jdbc, you're probably going to have
> to implement your own... I assume that is the case since Cassandra isn't a
> JDBC store, so you guys probably don't(shouldn't) have a dependency on that
> module.

Yes, I saw that, we have a new type inheriting from
AbstractLRSProxyCollection .  I was just wondering how to attach it.
In any case, it doesn't matter anymore because I know now you need the
@LRS annotation to trigger this behavior in the first place.

> I don't know of any active OpenJPA members that are experts in this area....
> with any luck you'll become the new expert. :)

Now that is funny :)
thanks for the help