openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Albert Lee <allee8...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: contribution in openjpa
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2011 15:22:32 GMT
Monty,

Thank you of your interest in contributing to OpenJPA project and welcome
aboard.

Here is a recommendation to move forward in your endeavor:

- Get familiar with JPA spec, features and their semantics
- Get familiar with OpenJPA features [
http://openjpa.apache.org/downloads.html]
- Read [http://openjpa.apache.org/get-involved.html] to understand the
procedures to contribute
- Set up your OpenJPA development environment. E.g. Eclipse, maven,
subversion, subclipse...
- Figure out an JPA area you are interested in. E.g. query, locking, jdbc,
caching ..
- Explore the open JIRA issues and find one that fits your skill, time and
interest and dive into the problem. Work through the issue and provide a
proposed by posting a patch to the issues. This will get your feet wet and
help to improve OpenJPA's quality.

Hope this help.
Albert Lee.

--