openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Saibabu Vallurupalli <saibabu.vallurupa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encryption and Decryption
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:58:30 GMT
Hi Pinaki,

Good morning.
I tried the approach of using @Externalizer annotation as below and got an
error says @Externalizer can be only used for methods not for fields. Then I
have gone through the documentation and found I should be using
@ExternalValues and after using I started getting error as below:

***********
Caused by: <openjpa-2.1.0-r422266:1071316 fatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.p
ersistence.ArgumentException: The field
"org.apache.james.mailbox.jpa.mail.model
.openjpa.JPAMessage.body" cannot use the external-values property. External
valu
es can only be declared for fields of primitives, primitive wrappers, or
strings
.
        at
org.apache.openjpa.meta.FieldMetaData.transform(FieldMetaData.java:15
38)

Can you please advise me where I am going wrong.

Thank you,
Sai