openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encryption and Decryption
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 18:56:38 GMT
Hi Sai,
JIRA openjpa-763 is a new feature request.  Nobody has found the time to
dive into this request.  It probably is not that difficult to architect and
implement -- it's just a matter of time.

As the text of the JIRA indicates, you could do a poor-man's implementation
by using the LifeCycle callbacks [1].  During the prePersist and preUpdate
callbacks, you could encrypt the contents of the mail message.  And, during
the postLoad callback, you could decrypt the contents of the mail message.
Would that work for your situation?

Thanks,
Kevin

[1]