openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From pvalluri <saibabu.vallurupa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encryption and Decryption
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 20:57:33 GMT
Hi Pinaki,

Yes, This is really easy and cool. I am still in process of setting up my
development environment for James to add this annotation in my class and a
question popped up in my mind.
Just adding annotation will take care of both Encryption/Decryption. I don't
have to do anything else :-)
Can't believe, Thanks so much for suggesting this solution.

I have a class with filed declared as shown below:
*********
public class JPAMessage extends AbstractJPAMessage {

    /** The value for the body field. Lazy loaded */
    /** We use a max length to represent 1gb data. Thats prolly overkill,
but who knows */
    @Externalizer
    @Basic(optional = false, fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
    @Column(name = "MAIL_BYTES", length = 1048576000, nullable = false)
    @Lob private byte[] body;

// methods related to this class getter and creator...here...
}
********
Is this the correct way of doing it. Sorry for asking the same question
again. I am very new to OpenJPA and this has become real critical for us.

Thank you very much in advance.

Thanks, Sai.