openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] The time has come...
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 21:13:52 GMT
Hi Kevin,

On Jun 2, 2011, at 1:41 PM, Kevin Sutter wrote:

> Hi Craig,
> Sorry to see you leave, but I can understand the decision to step
> down.
>
> Can you fill us in on the tasks and responsibilities for this PMC
> Chair
> position?

Responsibilities: monitor the project and make sure it is organized
and run according to The Apache Way, e.g. encourage civil discourse on
the lists; keep track of commits that might appear to violate others'
rights (copyright, etc.); report on a quarterly basis to the board;
respond to the board or other officer (trademarks, legal, press,
infrastructure) if requested. e.g. read and understand the
openjpa.apache.org web site trademark requirements; encourage users to
become contributors, contributors to become committers, and committers
to become PMC members; enroll new committers and PMC members in the
project authorization files.

Once per quarter, an hour to create the report. Watching the dev@ and
private@ lists: 2 hours per week (most candidates do this anyway).

> Any benefits?  :-)

Cool tag line on your signature. ;-)

Craig

> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Craig L Russell
> <craig.russell@oracle.com>wrote:
>
>> for me to step down and step back from active management and
>> oversight of
>> this project.
>>
>> It's been a fascinating experience. I've learned a lot from all of
>> you. I
>> have no regrets, just good feelings all around.
>>
>> Yet, it's been long enough, and I need to step back and out.
>>
>> I'll continue to serve as chair until a replacement is appointed,
>> but we
>> must now choose a replacement for my position.
>>
>> There are many in the community today who are very well qualified
>> to serve.
>> The question is whether they choose to serve.
>>
>> With that, I'd like to open self nominations for chair of the OpenJPA
>> project. In a few days, nominees should have been identified.
>> People should
>> feel free to second nominations with whatever comments they choose.
>>
>> A few days later, we should have a vote to recommend to the board
>> whom the
>> community wants to be the chair. Usually, the board will go along
>> with the
>> recommendation of the community.
>>
>> Let the nominations begin!
>>
>> Craig