openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Metamodel generates ListAttribute for arrays instead of SingularAttribute
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:55:37 GMT
Does anyone remember why we generate a ListAttribute for arrays instead of a
SingularAttribute?

In section 6.2.1.1. the JPA spec indicates that we should generate a
SingularAttribute for every non-collection-valued field, and a
Collection|Set|List Attribute for their respective types.

Generating a ListAttribute for a @PersistentCollection makes sense, but
generating it for all arrays, doesn't look quite right. AFAICT this code was
added under OPENJPA-1013, but that was a general development task. There
weren't any clues to the motivation for this part of the change, except that
one of the testcases does use a @PersistentCollection.

At any rate, this seems wrong to me, but before I start modifying code I
wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks,
-mike