openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Metamodel generates ListAttribute for arrays instead of SingularAttribute
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 23:24:09 GMT
Let me try to reel this one back in, I think some signal has gotten lost.

The example I'm concerned with is a byte array. The problem I'm trying to
solve is that of compatibility with canonical metamodel classes.

For example, I would expect the canonical metamodel classes generated by
Dali to work with OpenJPA. As I understand it, they do not work because Dali
generates a SingularAttribute for byte arrays.

My read of the spec is that using a SingularAttribute is correct. Collection
valued fields are generally used to refer to relationships. This can be
extended to encompass @PersistentCollections, but shouldn't apply to a byte
array.

While I understand your opinion that the spec came second, I think that the
point of the spec is to address compatibility issues like this one.

-mike