openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Metamodel generates ListAttribute for arrays instead of SingularAttribute
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:29:46 GMT
Mike,
Primitive arrays especially for byte and char being treated as a singular
attribute is something intuitively appealing. If I get the drift of your
suggested modification, the array of entities would continued to be treated
as par collection. Is that right?

OpenJPA mostly treats ARRAY and COLLECTION in the same breath. At a first
glance, it may take some effort to make special provisions based on an
array's component type.  Or may be there is a short cut at the facade level
model to make such provision up front. My memory of Metamodel implementation
is fading...

-----
Pinaki