openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From infinity2heaven <infinity2hea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: @Externalizer in 1.0.1 does not work on persist
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 18:24:51 GMT
Thanks for the note. This will add an extra step while running individual
tests through eclipse (yes, I have the maven openjpa:enhance configured).

It looks like openjpa's enhancement itself has so many issues and I'd advice
to update the documentation to clarify these issues and highlight potential
risks.

On a second note, openjpa should raise erriors on app startup due to
unexpected conditions, not silently log warnings in "trace" mode. Hibernate
*always* checks all the mappings, down to the named queries.