openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] The time has come...
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 20:21:58 GMT
for me to step down and step back from active management and oversight
of this project.

It's been a fascinating experience. I've learned a lot from all of
you. I have no regrets, just good feelings all around.

Yet, it's been long enough, and I need to step back and out.

I'll continue to serve as chair until a replacement is appointed, but
we must now choose a replacement for my position.

There are many in the community today who are very well qualified to
serve. The question is whether they choose to serve.

With that, I'd like to open self nominations for chair of the OpenJPA
project. In a few days, nominees should have been identified. People
should feel free to second nominations with whatever comments they
choose.

A few days later, we should have a vote to recommend to the board whom
the community wants to be the chair. Usually, the board will go along
with the recommendation of the community.

Let the nominations begin!

Craig

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle