openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Nine <t...@spidertracks.com>
Subject StateManager setup with embedded entity handling in Cassandra plugin
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 00:42:05 GMT
Hi all,
  I'm having a very difficult time working with embedded entities in
Cassandra.  Specifically, this is the case where I'm getting very
strange behavior.    Em = Entity Manager.

em1 created
em1 begin transaction
em 1 load User entity , the embedded Address object is correct.
em 1 complete transaction

User entity is now detached.

Address is updated

em 1 begin transaction
User is attached
em 1 flush

em1 commit transaction

The Address now has a null entity manager, and all fields are null,
however it is correct when the entity was passed to the flush operation
before using StateManager.get(fieldId) to retrieve the embedded object.

For the cassandra plugin in it's first implementation, we're requiring
all @Embeddable entities to also implement Serializable.  The embedded
entity value is simply serialized to a column

Here is the embedded column implementation I have created for @Embedded
and @ElementCollection

https://github.com/riptano/hector-jpa/blob/master/src/main/java/com/datastax/hectorjpa/meta/EmbeddedColumnField.java

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  I know I'm not wiring the
entity manager correctly during load, I'm just unsure what else I need
to do.  I've looked at both ElementEmbedValueHandler and
EmbedFieldStrategy, however I'm not getting anywhere.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Todd