openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About DataCache and RemoteCommitProvider in application server context.
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 02:15:42 GMT
Short answer: you might have to use the JMS or TCP RemoteCommitProviders if
you don't want the events to be fired.

Long answer: The SJVM  RemoteCommitProvider uses a static HashSet to keep
track of all of it's instances and broadcasts events to all of them. There's
no filtering built in. You could write a RemoteCommitProvider that was aware
of the list of persistent types though, but that function isn't available
right now.

It might also work to configure the cache to only accept certain entities
via configuration options, JPA 2.0 annotations, or the PartitionedDataCache
(since OpenJPA 2.0.0).

Hope this helps,
-mike