openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concurrent modification exception on recursive load
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:21:54 GMT
I'll try to make some time to look at this today... Is it possible to put
OpenJPA under your test to narrow down where the problem is (plugin vs
OpenJPA)?

Thanks,
Rick

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Todd Nine <todd@spidertracks.com> wrote:

>  Here you go Rick.
>
>
> https://github.com/riptano/hector-jpa/blob/master/src/test/java/com/datastax/hectorjpa/store/ManyToOneIndexTest.java
>
>
> In order to get this to run locally, you'll need these 2 projects as well.
>
> https://github.com/rantav/hector
>
> the hector-core sub module branch 0.7.0 latest HEAD
>
> https://github.com/riptano/hector-composite
>
> latest master.
>
> It seems to be intermittent and possibly a race condition.  I only get it
> when running it on my i7 workstation at work.    On my core 2 duo MBP it's
> not an issue.
>
> Thanks,
>
>   --
>   todd
> SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
>
> todd nine| spidertracks ltd |  117a the square
> po box 5203 | palmerston north 4441 | new zealand
> P: +64 6 353 3395
> E: todd@spidertracks.co.nz W: www.spidertracks.com
>
>
>
>
>
>
>   On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 09:22 -0500, Rick Curtis wrote:
>
> Todd -
>
> Can you post your unit test / Entities?
>
> Thanks,
> Rick
>
>  On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM, Todd Nine <todd@spidertracks.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>  I have all my plugin tests passing except for one.  I'm not sure if
> it's a bug in OpenJPA or in my code.  When I'm recursively fetching
> entities, I will occasionally get this error.
>
> <openjpa-2.1.0-r422266:1071316 nonfatal general error>
> org.apache.openjpa.util.GeneralException: null
>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(BrokerImpl.java:1003)
>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(BrokerImpl.java:897)
>        at
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.meta.ToOneColumn.readField(ToOneColumn.java:127)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.EntityFacade.loadColumns(EntityFacade.java:237)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStore.getObject(CassandraStore.java:97)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStoreManager.load(CassandraStoreManager.java:160)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.load(DelegatingStoreManager.java:117)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ROPStoreManager.load(ROPStoreManager.java:78)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.loadFields(StateManagerImpl.java:3061)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.loadField(StateManagerImpl.java:3135)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.dirty(StateManagerImpl.java:1738)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.dirty(StateManagerImpl.java:1628)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.dirtyCheck(StateManagerImpl.java:915)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ManagedCache.dirtyCheck(ManagedCache.java:302)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.hasTransactionalObjects(BrokerImpl.java:4029)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.addToTransaction(BrokerImpl.java:4101)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.setPCState(StateManagerImpl.java:274)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.initialize(StateManagerImpl.java:381)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.initialize(StateManagerImpl.java:333)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStoreManager.initialize(CassandraStoreManager.java:143)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.initialize(DelegatingStoreManager.java:112)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ROPStoreManager.initialize(ROPStoreManager.java:57)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.initialize(BrokerImpl.java:1022)
>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(BrokerImpl.java:980)
>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(BrokerImpl.java:897)
>        at
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.meta.ToOneColumn.readField(ToOneColumn.java:127)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.EntityFacade.loadColumns(EntityFacade.java:237)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStore.getObject(CassandraStore.java:97)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStoreManager.load(CassandraStoreManager.java:160)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.load(DelegatingStoreManager.java:117)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ROPStoreManager.load(ROPStoreManager.java:78)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.loadFields(StateManagerImpl.java:3061)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.loadField(StateManagerImpl.java:3135)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.dirty(StateManagerImpl.java:1738)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.dirty(StateManagerImpl.java:1628)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.dirtyCheck(StateManagerImpl.java:915)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ManagedCache.dirtyCheck(ManagedCache.java:302)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.hasTransactionalObjects(BrokerImpl.java:4029)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.addToTransaction(BrokerImpl.java:4101)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.setPCState(StateManagerImpl.java:274)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.initialize(StateManagerImpl.java:381)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.initialize(StateManagerImpl.java:333)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStoreManager.initialize(CassandraStoreManager.java:143)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.initialize(DelegatingStoreManager.java:112)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ROPStoreManager.initialize(ROPStoreManager.java:57)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.initialize(BrokerImpl.java:1022)
>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(BrokerImpl.java:980)
>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(BrokerImpl.java:897)
>        at
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.meta.ToOneColumn.readField(ToOneColumn.java:127)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.EntityFacade.loadColumns(EntityFacade.java:237)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStore.getObject(CassandraStore.java:97)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStoreManager.load(CassandraStoreManager.java:160)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.load(DelegatingStoreManager.java:117)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ROPStoreManager.load(ROPStoreManager.java:78)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.loadFields(StateManagerImpl.java:3061)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.loadField(StateManagerImpl.java:3135)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.dirty(StateManagerImpl.java:1738)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.dirty(StateManagerImpl.java:1628)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.dirtyCheck(StateManagerImpl.java:915)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ManagedCache.dirtyCheck(ManagedCache.java:302)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.hasTransactionalObjects(BrokerImpl.java:4029)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.setDirty(BrokerImpl.java:4146)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.setPCState(StateManagerImpl.java:278)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.dirty(StateManagerImpl.java:1701)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.dirty(StateManagerImpl.java:1628)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.dirtyCheck(StateManagerImpl.java:915)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ManagedCache.dirtyCheck(ManagedCache.java:302)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.hasTransactionalObjects(BrokerImpl.java:4029)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.addToTransaction(BrokerImpl.java:4101)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.setPCState(StateManagerImpl.java:274)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.initialize(StateManagerImpl.java:381)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.initialize(StateManagerImpl.java:333)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStoreManager.initialize(CassandraStoreManager.java:143)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.initialize(DelegatingStoreManager.java:112)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ROPStoreManager.initialize(ROPStoreManager.java:57)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.initialize(BrokerImpl.java:1022)
>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(BrokerImpl.java:980)
>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(BrokerImpl.java:897)
>        at
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.meta.ToOneColumn.readField(ToOneColumn.java:127)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.EntityFacade.loadColumns(EntityFacade.java:237)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStore.getObject(CassandraStore.java:97)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStoreManager.initialize(CassandraStoreManager.java:145)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.initialize(DelegatingStoreManager.java:112)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ROPStoreManager.initialize(ROPStoreManager.java:57)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.initialize(BrokerImpl.java:1022)
>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(BrokerImpl.java:980)
>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(BrokerImpl.java:897)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.meta.collection.OrderedCollectionField.readField(OrderedCollectionField.java:123)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.EntityFacade.loadColumns(EntityFacade.java:213)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStore.getObject(CassandraStore.java:97)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStoreManager.load(CassandraStoreManager.java:160)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.load(DelegatingStoreManager.java:117)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ROPStoreManager.load(ROPStoreManager.java:78)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.loadFields(StateManagerImpl.java:3061)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.loadField(StateManagerImpl.java:3135)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.fetchObjectField(StateManagerImpl.java:2383)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.fetchField(StateManagerImpl.java:865)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.fetch(StateManagerImpl.java:827)
>        at org.apache.openjpa.enhance.RedefinitionHelper
> $1.invoke(RedefinitionHelper.java:230)
>        at $Proxy20.get(Unknown Source)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.ManyToOneIndexTest.basicFollowingDelete(ManyToOneIndexTest.java:203)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at
>
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at
>
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>        at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod
> $1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
>        at
>
> org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
>        at
>
> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:41)
>        at
>
> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)
>        at
>
> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:76)
>        at
>
> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)
>        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:193)
>        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:52)
>        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:191)
>        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:42)
>        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:184)
>        at
>
> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:28)
>        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)
>        at
>
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:49)
>        at
>
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
>        at
>
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
>        at
>
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
>        at
>
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
>        at
>
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)
> Caused by: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>        at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:793)
>        at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:828)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ManagedCache.dirtyCheck(ManagedCache.java:301)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.hasTransactionalObjects(BrokerImpl.java:4029)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.addToTransaction(BrokerImpl.java:4101)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.setPCState(StateManagerImpl.java:274)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.initialize(StateManagerImpl.java:381)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.StateManagerImpl.initialize(StateManagerImpl.java:333)
>        at
>
> com.datastax.hectorjpa.store.CassandraStoreManager.initialize(CassandraStoreManager.java:143)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.initialize(DelegatingStoreManager.java:112)
>        at
>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ROPStoreManager.initialize(ROPStoreManager.java:57)
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.initialize(BrokerImpl.java:1022)
>        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(BrokerImpl.java:980)
>        ... 123 more
>
>
>
> I don't get it when running in debug mode, so I think it's some sort of
> race condition.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong in my code?  Also, with
> collection proxies created using OpenJPAStateManager.newProxyField(int
> id), I'll occasionally have fields that have been removed from the
> collection, but aren't returned via the change tracker's getRemoved().
> Is this a know issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Todd
> --
> todd
> SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
>
> todd nine| spidertracks ltd |  117a the square
> po box 5203 | palmerston north 4441 | new zealand
> P: +64 6 353 3395
> E: todd@spidertracks.co.nz W: www.spidertracks.com
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message