openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Nine <t...@spidertracks.com>
Subject Help with cascading in the cassandra plugin
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 03:56:46 GMT
Hi guys,
  I've finished *-to-many and *-to one relationships in the cassandra
plugin, however I'm having a difficult time with one of my tests.  The
test class is here.

https://github.com/riptano/hector-jpa/blob/master/src/test/java/com/datastax/hectorjpa/store/ManyToManyIndexTest.java

The test that fails is basicFollowingPersistence.

Essentially, I have the following relationship between my entities.

User --observing-> Observe <-- observers -- User
           <--owner--                  -- target ---> User

As you can see this are 2 bi-directional one to many/many to one
relationships.  I'm constructing a graph correctly, and the graph is
correct in debug sessions, however cascade is not giving me what I
expect when CassandraStoreManager.flush is invoked.

If I set up the following test case.

Bob--> Observe --> Frank

I'm only receiving the instance of Bob and the Observe, not Frank as
arguments in the pNew collection.  As you can see I've set cascade to
all events except Remove.  I'm on version 2.1.0.  Is this a bug or as
designed?

Thanks,
Todd