openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Nine <t...@spidertracks.com>
Subject Help with Collection Proxies
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 03:15:41 GMT
Hi guys,
  I have a few questions regarding large sets and ordering and could use
some help from the developers.

First, everything in Cassandra needs to be write ordering.  I must have
the properties of the values that have changed on write in order to
correctly build our indexes to support the "OrderBy" annotation
properly.   If I were to define an annotation such as this

@OrderBy("following.firstName, following.lastName")

Are there are core API's that exist I can use to pass an object and
retrieve the value?  I've had a look at the MetaDataRepository, but I'm
unsure how to go about getting the values loaded when the case is a
nested object such as above.

Second, we're doing very little when we create our own store
configuration.

https://github.com/riptano/hector-jpa/blob/master/src/main/java/com/datastax/hectorjpa/store/CassandraStoreConfiguration.java

By default, will all collections/maps get wrapped in a Proxy instance
once it's been attached to the EM?  We have the potential for huge
collections, so they must be proxies after the initial save and we need
to be sure that we wrap the collection in a proxy.  Any guidance would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd