openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Nine <>
Subject Help with Cassandra JPA plugin
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 04:22:28 GMT
Hi guys,
  I've previously developed a JDO plugin for Cassandra using
Datanucleus.  I'm now helping the datastax guys develop the JPA plugin
using open JPA.  I'm having some trouble I would use a hand with from

Current version 2.1.0

Issue 1:  Defining an identity generator at the plugin level.

Most of our users will want a TimeUUID generated as the default entity
Id.  We do not want to do this as a string, but rather want to use the
actual UUID object.  As you can see from my code here, I'm defining the
generator at the entity level.  Since this will be a default use case
for a lot of our users, I want to make it a standard part of our plugin.

Issue 2:  Allocate is never invoked on my sequence generator, I'm
assuming this is due to incorrect setup that will be resolved in issue

Issue 3: Do I need to synchronize the next call internally in my
Sequence generator?  Given the high throughput of our JPA clients, I
don't want to accidentally return the same UUID to multiple callers.

todd nine| spidertracks ltd |  117a the square
po box 5203 | palmerston north 4441 | new zealand
P: +64 6 353 3395
E: W: